L2301 Developing Your Business Leadership
Business Leadership: Becoming Management Material for supervisors, managers and first time executives.
3 Day Training
Lunch is included. Coffee, tea, juice, water and light snacks served during training.
At its core, leadership means setting goals, lighting a path, and persuading others to follow. But the responsibility entails much more. Leaders must get their message out in a way that inspires, make the most of their limited time, and build roads to precious resources. They must negotiate alliances, improve their colleagues, and align the ambitions of the many with the needs of the organization.
What makes for a great leader? Is it something to do with inward characteristics, such as confidence and focus? Is it more about outward presence, including charm and compassion? Or is it about the ability to create a vision and get others to commit to it?
The answer is all of the above. By accepting the challenge to lead, you come to realize that the only limits are those you place on yourself.
|This three-day training is a tool for your leadership development. It is designed to help you create and accomplish your personal best, and to help you lead others to get extraordinary things done.
|What Will Students Learn?
- Define your role as a manager and identify how that role differs from other roles you have had.
- Understand the management challenge and the new functions of management.
- Discover how you can prepare for and embrace the forces of change.
- Identify ways to get you and your workspace organized and get a jump on the next crisis.
- Identify your leadership profile and explore ways to use this knowledge to improve your success as a manager.
- Enhance your ability to communicate with others in meetings and through presentations.
- Create an action plan for managing your career success.
|What Topics are Covered?
- Learning organizations
- Peter Senge’s learning disciplines
- What leadership is and is not (including servant leadership)
- Kouzes and Posner’s five leadership practices
- Core skills like communication, body language, delegation, meetings, and time management
- Understanding the trust cycle and building trust
- Managing change
- SWOT analysis and problem solving
- Giving effective, constructive feedback
- Building good relationships
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
Ten Faces of She has a total commitment to excellence. We exemplify five-star quality and superior service.
Make the decision today, to give your self the gift of advancement. Class sizes are small for an interactive intimate experience. Make the investment in yourself and your business. You deserve it.